Adult Coloring Book with Local Ties Making National Splash
Nashville, TN — A new project with local ties is taking off online after being selected by Kickstarter as their “Project of the Day”. Lazy-Ass Cats: A Coloring Book for Adults — Snoozing & Boozing Kitties to Color and Relax, is an adult coloring book with a wry sense of humor that is turning into a viral phenomenon.
Adult coloring books are one of the hottest trends in publishing right now. Nielsen Bookscan estimates that 12 million of the books were sold in the United States last year, a 1200% increase over the year before.
Lindsay Conner, the book’s creator, is blown away by the public response, “I thought it might be popular, but I had no idea how friends, family, and strangers would rally behind this idea.”
Lazy-Ass Cats features 25 single-sided coloring pages, filling the gift niche for coloring enthusiasts and cat lovers. Here are some early quotes from fans:
- “I started adding up how many books I needed—one for my nephew, one for my sister, five for my dance friends, one for me. I quickly reached 10 because the coloring book fits everyone in my life! And I’m starting to think I might need a second order.” – Kate Hinson
- “I showed my girlfriend this book, and it was love at first sight,” says backer Storm Casey, who picked up the book as an early Christmas present.
- “Unlike other adult coloring books, the line drawings in this one are deliberately made to be simple—Conner wants people to feel free to add in their own doodles and details.” – DesignTAXI
The Kickstarter campaign is now open for pre-orders through August 17, and printed books will ship in October. Lazy-Ass Cats was chosen among more than 4,000 live projects as the crowdfunding site’s “Project of the Day” on Sunday, July 24, just a few days after its launch on July 18.
- Kickstarter project page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1761648823/lazy-ass-cats-a-coloring-book-for-adults
- Book website: http://www.lazyasscats.com
- High res press kit images: Coloring page / Book cover / Lindsay Conner headshot
Lindsay Conner is the owner of two loveable rescue cats named Murph and Chloe. Their hobbies include lounging on laps, blocking the DVR, and petitioning for treats. Lindsay is the author of two non-fiction sewing books, an editor for Frommer’s travel guides, and she spends her free time watching reality TV and dreaming of new book ideas. Born in Columbus, Ohio, she attended Anderson University in Anderson, Indiana, and currently lives in Nashville, Tennessee with the aforementioned cats—also, a husband and their toddler son.
Persimmon Books: Launched in 2016, Persimmon Books exists to create and distribute content that celebrates the lighter side of life, with a focus on adult coloring books, novelty, and gift items.